Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Your Customers are Asking for It: Market to Them

I sign up to receive electronic newsletters from businesses all the time. At retail stores, I want to be included in sale notices or to learn of new products. At my favorite restaurants, I subscribe to learn of special events or menu changes.

Considering how many places I’ve offered to market to me, I’m continually surprised at how few emails I receive.

It seems that even though businesses may be collecting my information and obtaining my permission to market to me, they’re choosing not to.

Why is that?

The hard part of marketing is getting people to volunteer to listen to you. If people are choosing to receive news from you—send it to them!

Creating an electronic newsletter to email to your address book is easy, cheap and fast. You can do it yourself, you can do it for virtually nothing and you get instant access to your most invested customers…plus their friends and network if they decide to forward your information to anyone.

Wake up and market, small businesses. Your customers are waiting to hear from you.

No comments: