Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Trade Associations Aid Small Businesses

For entrepreneurs just starting out, as well as for more established small business or sole proprietors, trade associations provide valuable connections and tools you can use to catapult your business to the next level.

Trade magazines and memberships to writers’ associations have provided leads and resources to me that I wouldn’t have been able to access on my own. From national research on setting copywriting rates, referrals to companies that specialize in answering my profession’s business management needs, and newsletters that connect me to project postings, I can find a wealth of helpful information from the handful of trade sources I’ve joined.

Whether membership is charged monthly or annually, the network will give you back more than you pay for it, especially if you mine it for all it’s worth.

Membership really does have its privileges.

No comments: