Thursday, October 4, 2007

Celebrate Your Successes

Yesterday I hit an important and exciting milestone on the way toward my upcoming major deadline. Because I was in such a good mood about the accomplishment, I bought myself a bottle of wine and a bouquet of flowers when I went grocery shopping.

As I shared news of the milestone to my friends last evening and sipped a glass of wine, I realized how good it felt to pause and celebrate the day’s success.

I still have the deadline looming in the not-so-distant future, but keeping myself encouraged is important.

I don’t want my enthusiasm for the project to wane. I want to keep my energy up for the hurdles I face on the way toward my goals. Taking the time to pat myself on the back for the progress I’m making helps keep me energized and excited for what’s to come.

No comments: