Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Another Great Small Business Resource

I love one-stop shops. With so much to do each day in getting my businesses off the ground, finding a destination that provides me with numerous resources in one location is a boon ~ and noteworthy enough to pass on to you!

I visited AllBusiness.com this morning. With an entire catalog of Forms & Agreements, do-it-yourselfers will find inexpensive and professional templates ranging from press releases (starting at $15 to download) to domain name purchase agreements to instructions for registering a trademark (only $5).

The site's extensive categories of business advice include very useful articles on the essentials of business ownership ~ legal, hiring the right people, choosing the right accounting software and method ~ as well several sections that other sites ignore, such as business travel, developing your management skills and franchising.

In an earlier blog post (Sept 12), I mentioned the importance of belonging to trade associations for your industry. Round out your industry tracking efforts by subscribing to your profession's periodicals. Find a directory of industry publications under "Professional Journals."

I especially love the "Business Answers" section under Tools & Services. Who among us doesn't have a question in mind that we think is too minor or too obvious to ask about? Find the answers to those unasked questions there. You'll also find a Franchise Directory, Glossary, Podcast Library and more in Tools & Services.

I'm in business web heaven. And to show my gratitude, I'm adding the AllBusiness web widget to my blog. Enjoy!

No comments: