Monday, February 4, 2008

Sometimes It's Ok to Steal*

It's mine. Mine all mine.
~ Jane's Addiction, "Been Caught Stealing" from Ritual de la Habitual

I've been visiting several writers around the blogosphere lately who have been using Snapshots on their blogs. As I read their fabulous posts and zip my cursor over the link--whoosh, a picture of the destination link pops up. I loved it! And I couldn't resist. I had to have it for my own.

So I took it.

It was free, easy to install (like absolutely everything relating to blogs...as an aside, I will soon begin to lobby the next President of the United States to hire blog designers to redesign the US Postal Service Web site, which has to be the absolutely worst, least helpful e-commerce Web site anywhere) and even offers custom advertising options on the tile beneath the image. Check it out and enjoy Snapshots here on Ditch the Dusty Widget.

What kinds of fun, helpful gadgets have you stolen from other places to use on your blog or Web site? Let us know. I've also changed my "comments" settings to make it easier for you to leave messages. You can even leave them anonymously if you're worried about being caught.


* It's really not okay to steal and I'm not endorsing criminal activity of any kind. This was just one example of a copywriter playing with words to make a boring update sound more interesting.

No comments: